Techsmith Relay (formerly Camtasia Relay) is a service from CFAES IT that makes it easy to record and distribute presentations online.
The Techsmith Relay Recorder is a simple application on your computer that captures your voice and what is happening on your screen. When complete, the recording is posted online and you are sent a url. The presentation can then be posted to Carmen, Moodle or your department or county web site.
- Faculty and staff can concentrate on teaching instead of learning complicated multimedia software.
- Students will have the ultimate review tool when you record your lectures and put them in Carmen.
- If you need to miss a lecture because you are traveling, you can record it in advance and post it for viewing on the regularly scheduled day.
- You can be a guest lecturer without leaving town. Record your presentation in advance and send the link in an email for your audience to view.
- Extension Educators can record and post their most popular presentations that they just don’t have time to give over and over again. Record it and post it on your county website for just-in-time learning by your clientele.
Camtasia Relay is free to all faculty and staff in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. If you want to establish an account, please contact the Techsmisth Relay Manager, Ken Kulka. You can email Ken at email@example.com or call him at 614-292-2012. You can also set up a new account and receive support from the CFAES ITHelp Desk. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Techsmith Relay website: https://relay.cfaes.ohio-state.edu/relay/ (will need username and password to login)
Presentation Storage website: http://presenter.cfaes.ohio-state.edu/
Techsmith tutorials for Relay: http://www.techsmith.com/tutorial-camtasia-relay.html
Techsmith toll free support line 1-877-205-7014